Friday, July 8, 2011

Toys in the Toolbox

My rolling cart of toys rests in a rolling toolbox I bought at Lowe's. From 2007 to early 2010, I rolled that thing from party to party and now it sits in our master bedroom mocking me. One day I tossed some of the ooey gooey stuff  - the massage oils in flavors like blue raspberry and fuzzy navel. Not my thing, nor Bubba's, but I hawked it to the women at parties like it was some great stuff.

A few weeks ago I noticed one of the higher up the pyramid reps on Facebook. She's in Florida and wickedly successful. I sent her a message and asked her about getting back in the biz but the more I think about it the less enthusiastic I become. She said she'd call and she did. Left me a message but I just don't think I really can invest the time or money or summon the old enthusiasm to sell it again.

The toys used to sell themselves when I'd do parties so really, not a lot of convincing goes on. Maybe I'm just making excuses.

Used to be Bubba was home every night by five and off on the weekends but now they've gone and switched up his schedule and I don't know if it will ever go back to the way it was. He told me he'd rather I just stay home on Saturday nights but a couple hundred dollars a few times a month sure would be sweet.

1 comment:

  1. I strongly feel that a sensual oil should not be called "fuzzy navel". Not a turn on... though it does make me thirsty.

    ReplyDelete